Test Bank Foundations of Maternal-Newborn and Women’s Health Nursing 7th Edition
Foundations of Maternal-Newborn & Women’s Health Nursing, 7th Edition
1. A nurse educator is teaching a group of nursing students about the history of family-centered
maternity care. Which statement should the nurse include in the teaching session?
a. The Sheppard-Towner Act of 1921 promoted family-centered care.
b. Changes in the pharmacologic management of labor prompted family-centered care.
c. Demands by physicians for family involvement in childbirth increased the practice
of family-centered care.
d. Parental requests that infants be allowed to remain with them rather than in a
nursery initiated the practice of family-centered care.
As research began to identify the benefits of early, extended parent-infant contact, parents began to insist that the infant remain with them. This gradually developed into the practice of
rooming-in and finally to family-centered maternity care. The Sheppard-Towner Act provided
funds for state-managed programs for mothers and children but did not promote
family-centered care. The changes in pharmacologic management of labor were not a factor in
family-centered maternity care. Family-centered care was a request by parents, not physicians.
DIF: Cognitive Level: Application OBJ: Nursing Process Step: Planning
MSC: Patient Needs: Health Promotion and Maintenance
- 100 E San Fernando St, San Jose, CA 95112 10010 Florida 10010
Popular Ads Overall
- 100% Recovery Rate For Drug and Alcohol Addicts (103 views)
- Carpenters in Jogeshwari West – Best Carpentry Services (65 views)
- Study in USA (56 views)
- Bin Activator/Vibratory Bin Discharger Manufacturer – INDPRO Engineers (55 views)
- Pika (55 views)
- K-pop fever Hallyu grips India: Over 3.6 million watch online challenge-Introduce K-pop to Friends (54 views)
- India, Korea need to work together to achieve $50 billion bilateral trade target by 2030 (54 views)
- Vitamin C Face Serum for Dry & Oily Skin, hyperpigmentation, dark spots – Strong & Virtuous Face Serum | RefreshSkinScience (53 views)
- Best Medical Center Cleaning Service- JBN Cleaning (52 views)
- Professional Hospital Cleaning Services – JBN Cleaning (51 views)